One of those days.

Today I had a roof over my head.

Pure water came forth from my faucets.

The hot water heater functioned well, as did the air conditioning. My car ran smoothly.

I enjoyed nutritious food.

Breakfast was a good pear smeared with peanut butter.

For lunch I had a lettuce, tomato and tuna salad.

Dinner consisted of cabbage, broccoli and onion, sautéed in a bit of olive oil and soy sauce, with a small amount of chicken.

Nothing and nobody annoyed or irritated me today.

I am as certain as I can be that I did not annoy or irritate anyone.

I met with the contractor who is renovating the lanai in my home, and we agreed on a contract. Work starts tomorrow!

I did a bit of gardening, read some history, walked the dog five times, made a fuss of both cats, and enjoyed a visit with my good friend Ben.

On a day such as today I know that I am among some of the most privileged people in the world (and there are nearly 7 billion of us).

Just for today I have a sense of gratitude – “to G-d, to life, or to the universe” – whatever we call it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"