Route 66


Every year I try to celebrate my birthday with great gusto.  I did so again this year.

I am very grateful for all your greetings via Facebook, e-cards, e-mails, ‘phone calls, and old fashioned birthday cards.  I am so grateful for so very many greetings.
When you are 16 years old it is hard to imagine being 66 years old.
When you get to be 66 years old you are filled with gratitude for all the intervening years, and would never wish to turn the clock back.
I started my day with the prayer service which I facilitate at Resurrection House – Sarasota’s day shelter for homeless people.   I told the nine folks at the service that it was my birthday, and that our theme was “The Lord has done great things for us, and we are glad indeed”.
Experience has shown me that the most destitute are often the most grateful.  So that theme was fruitful as we prayed together.
A retired Priest, the Revd. Jack Chrisman and his wife Donna treated me to lunch at Captains Brian’s, a local seafood restaurant.  I chose and enjoyed some good fried haddock and chips.  Jack and Donna are good folks and I am glad that my move to Sarasota enabled us to meet.
My very good friend Ben treated me and our mutual pal Bob (another retired Priest) to a fabulous dinner at “Mozaic” -  a pretty fancy Moroccan inspired restaurant:  http://www.mozaicsarasota.com/
The menu descriptions are a bit overblown, but my salad: “Tender herbs and green melange... etc.”; and entree: “Roasted butternut squash ravioli...etc” were utterly delicious.
Both of today’s meals were rare treats which took me away from my rather strict diet.  And why not!  I’ll never again have a 66th birthday.
The photo’s below show Donna, Michael and Jack; Ben and Michael; and Bob (who hates to have his photo’ taken).
“The Lord has done great things for me, and I am glad indeed”.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"