Oh my!



Oh my!  I had it fixed firmly in my mind that the party yesterday was for Muriel’s 80th birthday ---   don’t ask me why.


A couple of time at the party she insisted that she was but 74, but I thought that she was being coy about her real age.
In my defence (?) -  I remind folks that eighty is the new sixty!

Of course, the real reason for my mistake is that I have only two ‘O’ levels.  That’s why I make so many mistakes over and over again.  (There’s a bit of a private joke between Muriel and I there).


It was a wonderful party.  Muriel had this to say about it:
I celebrated my 74th [NOT 80th!!] birthday in grand style yesterday--wined,dined AND serenaded by the incomparable 'Brit Birthday Bashers"--British humour at its best!
Thank you one and all for your wonderful birthday wishes, be they expressed in person,by telephone or online.You truly made this birthday one I shall never forget!
Excelsior!




Muriel is famous for her hats


So I borrowed a hat to help celebrate her birthday


Michael, Andrew, Sue, and Jack sing to Muriel



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"