Living in the future


I have a behavioural habit which frustrates, bothers, and annoys me.


It’s this: - whatever I am doing, I am always thinking about the next thing I have to do.


For instance:  as I walk my dog in the early morning I often think about what I need to do when we return to my home.

 “What I need to do” is rarely urgent or important.

Once, when I was driving home from the supermarket I caught myself thinking about the order in which I would I would take my purchases from the bags  and place them in the fridge, the pantry, or the utility room shelves.

Sometimes, when I am in Church I am not paying attention to the liturgy or sermon – instead I am figuring out the quickest route back to my home.

And, as I am falling asleep I am forever thinking about what I need to do when I awake.

None of this is admirable. Nor should it be emulated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"