Pizza "What"? 'Phone "Why"?

Pizza   what did he say?

I was watching an apparently pretentious young man (a foodie?) as he held forth on T.V.  about Pizza. He advocated cutting off the pizza crust and folding it into a slice of pizza (sandwich style) in order to create more texture.

He said  "This will enhance your pizza eating process".

I thought that I simply ate pizza. I did not know that I should have a pizza eating process. I have so much to learn.

'Phone why do I feel cheated?

I make and receive very few calls on my mobile 'phone, so a prepaid "card" 'phone suits me very well.

I have an AT&T "Go 'Phone".  The minimum amount for a prepaid card is $15 - enough in my case for two month's worth of calls.

I got a bit annoyed with AT&T this week when, whenever I tried to make a call,  a recorded voice told me that my minutes were about to expire.  "Surely not" I thought, "for the 'phone indicates that I have more than seven minutes to go".

The 'phone cut off yesterday.  'Twas then I realized that my prepaid minutes were also time bound, i.e. that I have to use them all in one month, or lose what ever minutes remain.

"What a rip-off, a bit of slick practice in our so-called "free market".  My annoyance is compounded because AT&T used to market $10 cards available in local drug stores etc.  But now the least expensive card is for $15.

I venture to say that most of us believe than any and all of the mobile phone carriers (contract or pre-paid) are rogues and rascals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"