That which was lost

Last Saturday (18th Oct)  after walking Penne around the local pond, I drove with her for a shopping trip to "Trader Joes" and to my local 7/11 store.
 
When I arrived home it was to discover that I had lost my house key.  Not to worry - I had a spare on my car key ring, so I was able to enter my  home.
 
But where had I lost the house key?  Had it fallen out of my pocket at TJ or at the 7/11.
 
After Church on Sunday I stopped by at TJ   NO, my key had not been handed in there,
 
Later in the day I went to the local 7/11 in search of the key.  I retraced my steps, but the key was nowhere to be found.
 
I entered the store and asked if it had been turned in.  I mentioned that it was on a ring with a purple coloured tag.
 
The young man at the till grinned from ear to ear when I mentioned the purple tag.  YES indeed my missing key had been turned in, and he knew exactly where it had been stashed,
 
My key and I were reunited. That was good,
 
But better still was the "grinning from ear to ear" pleasure on the part of this fine young 7/11 employee.  He was happier than I,  because I had found "that which was lost"..  What a great young man.
 
 

 
Purple Key on my radio
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"