A lunch-time treat

As I ate my lunch today  (August 14th) I was given a marvelous treat -  the sight of  Sandhill Cranes  walking  just outside my Lanai, not more than 8' from where I was seated.

These gorgeous creatures usually walk in threes:-  female, male, and chick, (Sandhills mate for life).

There were just two today -  I  think  that one was an adult, and the other a chick.

It was a beautiful sight.

Their walk is so stately:- measured and calm. 

Their walk is so gracious: - never slouching, but exhibiting immense dignity.

Their walk is utterly unhurried: - they "take time to smell the roses", or to feast on a grub or a seed in the grass beneath their feet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two Sandhill Cranes who delighted me today also moved my imagination.

That imagination took me back some eighty years. 

 I imagined an elderly English couple,  way back in the 1930's,  as they take  a gentle stroll around (let's say), Green Park, in London, U.K.

Can't you just see this imaginary  couple:   Stately, measured, calm, dignified, and  unhurried in their peregrination; just like those Sandhills?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"