A quiet Independence Day for me

Zion and I had four  1/2 mile walks, two at Arlington Park, one at Bayfront Park, and one in the 'hood.

We  visited our friend Bob in the memory unit at Discovery Village in Bradenton.

I treated myself to a 4th of July feast:



Stir fry with asparagus, mushrooms, onions, a purple heirloom tomato (which was about to be beyond its best), and baby white potatoes (boiled first to soften them up a bit), with (drool) rib eye steak.   

The steak was big and thick -  far too much for one meal.    I bisected it, and then cut one half into small slices (a la London Broil) which I sautéed in butter ( a tad above a minute on each side).

My mouth is watering as I write this.

And I have sufficient uncooked ingredients for a repeat performance tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"