I didn't have my camera, and I am glad.

Arlington Park, Sarasota, 4:00 p.m. 13th September.

Oh joy!  Oh delight!   Two Roseate Spoonbills in this urban park, foraging for goodies in the flooded grassland.  They are utterly gorgeous.

My first thought was "darn it, I don't have my camera".

Then I thought again,  "enjoy this beauty in and of itself for this brief time, not in order to get a good photo'"

My mind went to Paul Gerhardt's marvelous evening hymn  "The duteous day now closeth"  and to these particular words:


And we, this marvel seeing,
Forget our selfish being,
For joy of beauty not our own.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"