Such beauty

This photo' of the (in)famous hairpin bend on U.S. route 2 in north western Massachusetts was posted by my face book friend Jean McN.



I've driven this part of US 2 a score or so times, at least once in snowy/icy conditions. It is not for the faint hearted or the foolish.

I hope that you will agree that this is western Massachusetts in all its autumnal beauty.

For me the beauty is enhanced by the roadway.  It gives the scene a rootedness and definition.

Nature/God/Evolution (call it  what you will) offers us great beauty. 

Human endeavour sometimes brutalizes such beauty.

From to time we improve it.


For other examples of such improvements see  the Clifton Suspension Bridge over the River Avon Gorge in my home city of Bristol U.K.



and the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay here in Florida.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"