More Light in the Darkness (Kirkridge Retreat and Conference Centre 2)


 

Another song of hope, peace and light which we sang at the retreat for gay men at Kirkridge.

We often sang some verses in English and others in French. (It came via a United Church of Canada song book "Songs for a Gospel People").


https://youtu.be/aYXMcyBZTaE


Text as sung may not be exactly like the text as printed below. But which ever version, this was always a song of commitment and faith for my gay brothers at the Kirkridge Retreats.

The song often haunts and enriches my life. I have teary eyes even as I read the text tonight (Jan 17th 2021)


1 Lord Jesus, you shall be my song as I journey;
I'll tell everybody about you wherever I go:
you alone are our life and our peace and our love.
Lord Jesus, you shall be my song as I journey.

2 Lord Jesus, I'll praise you as long as I journey;
May all of my joy be a faithful reflection of you.
May the earth and the sea and the sky join my song.
Lord Jesus, I'll praise you as long as I journey.

3 As long as I live, Jesus, make me your servant,
to carry your cross and to share all your burdens and tears.
For you saved me by giving your body and blood.
As long as I live, Jesus, make me your servant.

4 I fear in the dark and the doubt of my journey;
but courage will come with the sound of your steps by my side.
And will all of the family you saved by your love,
we'll sing to your dawn at the end of our journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"