My Local Plagues (not COVID 19)

 FLIES


My home has been invaded by them.   Calls for the use of old fashioned fly paper



RATS


And the rat or rats is or are back.

I am becoming an expert in the identification of rat scat. 

Remember this;  to be engraved on  my Grave stone,"He knew his rat scat".

The little bugger/s are back.

Turns out that it/they are using a hole in the dry wall behind my oven; a hole inelegantly designed and made to allow 240 f  current to power the oven.

As my friend Barbara Hauler would say "Gosh, darn it"

I have made a temporary cover for the hole, (my good handyman will mend it permanently).

I have been reluctant to use rat poison  for two reasons.  (1) I am told that it gives great pain to the dying rat, and (2) I do not want the stink of a dead rat to pervade my home,

So on the advice of  a staff member at my local and wonderful ACE hardware I have placed a kind of super dooper fly paper (in yellow)  near the hole, He tells me that if a rat steps on it she/he will never get off,


We'll see



I'll let you know if and when the frogs and lice arrive.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"