THE OLD, AND THE NEW (TO ME).

 The Older

Those who know me well will remember  that I do not like to waste food.

Today I assembled a lunch using "bits and bobs" of food in my pantry, fridge and freezer.



Couscous, collard greens, bratwurst -  cooked in a saucepan with  unsweetened coconut milk.  NOT BAD AT ALL;  it could have used a bit of garlic.

The Newer to me.

My beloved friend the Revd, Gwen W Sears sent me a delightful  article which  she had written, and which was published in her Lenox MA  retirement community newsletter.   

They say that "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

Gwen wasn't given lemons.  But she found half a box of Grape Nuts cereal in her pantry, so she  decided to make the old fashioned Grape Nut Pudding.



Gwen's article  inspired me to make my own Grape Nut Pudding; which I had never previously heard of;  let alone eaten. It came out pretty darn good! (Of course all I had to do was to follow a recipe, in my case as printed in Yankee Magazine).  

https://newengland.com/today/food/grape-nut-pudding/





Here is mine.  How many of my U.S.A. friends (Yankee or Southerner) remember Grape Nut Pudding from yesteryear? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"