What Cat?

 I was awakened  at about 2:OO a.m. this morning (4th June) by the sound of a mewing cat,  just outside of my bedroom.

My first thought was "I must let the cat in".

But as I became fully awake I remembered that I do not have a cat!

I imagined that the cat outside looked a bit like this



Stock photo'

Then I heard a prima donna performance of cat wailing; the sound of a female cat being assailed by a male.

Funny thing.  There are next to no outdoor cats in my neighbourhood, but my neighbour Barbara B and I have occasionally seen a stray all white cat.

Was that the one outside my window?  Then "what was the hullaballoo all about?"

Was it a stray cat in a fisticuffs with a raccoon?  Maybe.  There is no doubt but  that  raccoons raid our trash cans  in the night time hours.

I checked the scene this morning. There was no sign of feline/racoon warfare.

So I am left to giggle at the thought that my cat was singing outside my bedroom window  --  until I remembered that I do not have a cat!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"