Creeks Don't Get No Respect

A friend is visiting her daughter and grandson in Roanoke, VA.

This friend sent me a photo' of the Roanoke River.  I was not impressed.

I countered with a photo' of the Philippi Creek in Sarasota. The creek  "don't get no respect", partly because it wends its secret way through residential areas; and partly 'cause it's a "Crick" (Creek) and not a River. (What's in a name?).

Sarasotans know it best as it broadens out, and passes under the Tamiami Trail.  You cannot appreciate it whilst driving at 45+ mph.

Today I stopped upstream ( upcrick!) to get this photo' of the Philippi Creek as it passes through Pinecraft (our Amish/Mennonite area), 

I took it from the north side of Bahia Vista Street;  where the Creek  forms a natural boundary twixt City and County jurisdictions.

Not too shabby eh?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"