This is an apple



This is an apple.   It's a "Ginger Gold" apple.   I placed it atop the toaster.

I bought this apple yesterday.  It's from the 2011 New York State crop.

Guess what?  It's not been waxed.  It's not been polished.   It's not been refrigerated.

It's been brought down to Florida just as it is.  Why  -  there's even a leaf attached.

An un-waxed, unpolished, recently harvested apple with a bit of the leaf left on!   Who'd have thought it possible to buy such an apple in Florida.  I like it!

(Shhh  -  don't tell a soul that I bought this at Wall Mart)


(from one who misses very  many good things in the north eastern United States, especially in autumn the proximity of apple orchards).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"