New kid on the block (and other encounters)


This is Milton.  He is a Dogo Argentino (otherwise known as an Argentinian Mastiff).   Milton is about six months old.  His owners are wisely training him to socialize with other dogs at a young age, and who better to socialize with than Zion.  The two dogs had a couple of gentle encounters yesterday at Arlington Park

Milton will grow to be between 80lbs and 100lbs.

Here is a bit about the breed:

https://www.petful.com/breeds/dogo-argentino/


I have other fruitful encounters at the park.

Most weekdays I meet an eighty-something Mennonite woman.  She is all bent over with osteoporosis.  She takes her daily constitutional, always with a sweet smile.  I invariably greet her with a cheerful "good morning sister".  She returns my greeting with a smile.  One day I asked "are you praying as you walk"?  "Yes, mostly" she replied.


And there are the young ones.  The girl (aged about eight), her mother and (perhaps) her grandfather were walking in procession at a fast clip.  The man was carrying stuff for a fishing trip.

We walked towards them as they rounded a bend in the footpath.

The young child saw the pond, the fountain and the dam.

She called out without restraint  "Oh my goodness", "Oh my stars".

"Oh my stars". 

I  found this exclamation to be utterly charming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"