Oh how I miss it ---- or do I?

I recently read an article which mentioned Dundee Cake.

I salivated at the memory of such a rich fruit cake.

I want some  -  or do I?   Memory is tricky.


I am not very fond of American made cakes which all too often are very spongy, with a sickly sweet frosting.

But I remember my mother's rich fruit cakes, and the store bought Dundee Cake.

Here's a bit about the latter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_cake

Despite all the American Christmas jokes about the fruit cakes which are passed on from generation to generation, I am a fervent fan of fruit cake.

I am about to order (on line) a genuinely  Scottish make Dundee Cake.

I'll let you know if it is as good as my memory tells me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"