Newcomer In Town Sunday 10th May 2020







This handsome vessel is moored at the Sarasota Marina.

Ken,  he who gets pulled around the park every morning by his handsome Black German Shepherd Dog "Tucker"


Tucker truly tugs Ken around the park, but eases up when he sees Zion. They are sniffing pals

tells me that the vessel is a Desco Company built "Dragger"  i.e. a fishing boat , now converted to become a house boat.  



Also at the north end of the park on the Gulf side  I saw this.






A true sailing Catamaran --  beached.

Had it been stolen and abandoned?   Had it drifted from the mooring field.   BUT WAIT, where is the sail?

I saw this (and the Desco Dragger)  on my 7:00 a.m. walk on Sunday, and went back a few hours later with my camera.

Just as I drew near to the catamaran a middle aged couple and twenty something daughter (?) also drew near.  They were carrying a sail, and other boatish paraphernalia.  Evidently they had beached the boat overnight.  

Mr Z loves Bayfront Park.   He is almost obsessed with this (sea?) grass, and wants to sniff every stalk.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"