Such gorgeous Music

Librera


One of the most gorgeous themes in classical music is from Dvorak's "Symphony from the New World".  It is sometimes known as "Going Home",  because of a song by that name.

In truth, the wonderful music was not an adaptation by Dvorak from an existing song;  the Symphony came first, and later on a song was created using the theme.

BUT NOW THERE IS ALSO THE SONG.    It is an utter tear jerker!

Here is the text:

Going home, going home
I am going home
Quiet like, some still day
I am going home
It's not far, just close by
Through an open door
Work all done, care laid by
Never fear no more
Mother's there expecting me
Father's waiting too
Lots of faces gathered there
All the friends I knew
I'm just going home
No more fear, no more pain
No more stumbling by the way
No more longing for the day
Going to run no more
Morning star light the way
Restless dreams all gone
Shadows gone, break of day
Real life has begun
There's no break, there's no end
Just living on
Wide awake, with a smile
Going on and on, going on and on
Going home, going home
I am going home
Shadows gone, break of day
Real life has begun

I'm just going home

It is not necessarily a religious text, it may simply be about a lad who is going home after having run away.  But for many of us it also has spiritual connotations about death and "the life of the world to come.

Here is is, sung by the choir "Libera" .  I cannot view this without getting all teary eyed.


https://youtu.be/TvThHk-wMRk





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"