My German Journalist Friend.

 


Christian Z  is the New York city correspondent for Suddeutsche Zeitung,  Germany's leading daily newspaper. We met on the QM II in 2017 on our voyage from Southampton to NYC.

He is in town to research an article for his paper on Sarasota and the General Election.  I have been able to to put him in touch with both Democrats and Republicans who have been willing and able to talk with him.  


Christian came to my home this evening.  We chomped on good "take out" food from Sarasota's Siam Gulf Restaurant.

Then we talked, and we talked, and we talked.  I was scarcely aware of the time. I am going to bed two hours later than my usual time.

Maybe I was a wee bit too hard  on myself in yesterday's blog post.

But only  a wee bit too hard. 

Nonetheless I am grateful that i was able to relax for three hours.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"