It All Started With the Scones

 Which my neighbour and friend John V made and brought to me.



Scones need jam, usually strawberry.  I opted for gooseberry, goodness me I haven't had gooseberry jam in decades. (This one made in Ireland).


Of course with clotted cream.  Label says made in Great Britain, let's hope it was in Devonshire or Cornwall.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing to do with scones, jam and cream,  but while I was at the store I bought a U.K. favourite  ----  Piccalilli ---  a super relish. Great in ham, meat or cheese sandwiches.  I'll use mine to help make Ham Salad later in the day.






Also Ellcefechan Tarts from Scotland.  They are delicious -  these are as a gift to my friend Donna C.  


Purchases at British Foods/ Scots Corner on 17th St in Sarasota.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"