Canine Therapy? Maybe not, but Z and I had a good adventure.

 Friday 11th December 2020  Zion and I had accepted an invitation by the Humane Society of Sarasota County to be part of an upscale event which had been planned in  support of their Capital Fund Campaign.


We were not the only invitees!  The others were seven wealthy  couples who were being groomed to make substantial monetary gifts to HSSC,


The event took place at a new "Model House" (with two garages: one for three cars, the other for two cars). The house is near little Sarasota Bay,  on Sandpiper Lane (off  McClellan Parkway).  If you have never been there you cannot find it.





HSSC VOLUNTEER NEXT TO POOL AND SPA



ZION WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET AND GREET THE GUESTS, BUT HE COULD NOT TAKE HIS EYES OFF THE ADOPTABLE PUPPY.



PLEASE MAY I CHAT WITH YOU?




" PRETTY PLEASE", but the staff could not take the puppy out of his luxurious  and temporary pen.  Who wants a yet untrained puppy piddling and pooing on the floor of a model house?

My dear Zion is utterly sweet with small dogs and puppies.  He exudes a gentle karma.  Once at Bayfront Park three young and small dogs were sniffing and jumping over him at the same time. Zion did not flinch or get nervous.  I "hear" him saying "O.K. kids, I am your big brother, I'll take care of you.



There was a feast of fine foods and good wine. I didn't eat or drink, mostly because my job was to introduce Zion to the guests, and to
tell them about HSSC's pet therapy work.

I met the house builder and his wife. They are delighted to support HSSC by providing this venue for a fund raising reception. The house is already under contract to sell and buy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"