Rats

 



I thought that I had solved my rat problem by sealing off the gap in the  wallboard through which he/she/they had treated as a Welcome Centre.

No such luck.

I have seen a rat in my kitchen twice today.  Boo!  He or she has found another entry.

I wait upon the actions of my Condominium Board to hire a Company to  find and seal each and every external rat entrance. I may not live enough for the Board to act.

I am also waiting for a Pest Control Company to set some traps.  I called them last Tuesday, but have yet to set a day and time for their work.

I will not use rat poison, for three reasons.

1.  I understand that the poison causes great pain to rats before they die,

2.  I do not relish the long lasting stink from the corpse of a dead rat,  decaying behind the wall board or in the crawl space. 

3. I hate to think that Zion could or would eat the poison.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now 

I have made sure that there are no food scraps anywhere in my home.  I have also made sure that all foodstuffs are in the fridge, and/or in sealed containers.  I have cleaned every kitchen surface with "Clorox" wipes.  I have moved Z's water bowl from the kitchen into my master bathroom.

And I wait with as much patience as I can muster for the response of the pest control company; and the actions of the condo assoc. board


Dear and darling Zion seems to be a bit afraid of the rat/s!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"