SLEEPLESS IN SARASOTA




During sleepless nights  (frequent in my case)  I try not to fret and fuss.  Instead I sing aloud the hymns of my youth. (Zion doesn't seem to mind).

I sometimes surprise myself by remembering every verse of every hymn.

"Yes God Is Good"  came to my my and voice on Sunday night (6th June).

I doubt that I've sung this hymn in three score years, but it all came back to me.

It's a mid-Victorian hymn of simple faith, clearly written by someone who lived in the country side and not in an industrial town or city.

I offer it to you  -  did you also sing it many years back?


https://youtu.be/VthiQXgNXAM


(P.S.  I do not, by choice, have a clock in my bedroom.  Nor do I wear my watch. I choose not to ascertain the time -  that would only make me fret a wee bit more).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"