BACK IN MEMORY LAND

Vietnam Trip 2013



I found this today in of all places my Recipe (hard copy) Folder.  I have no idea why and how it got there.

It records the final leg of a long flight from Tampa FL to Hanoi.  The last leg was from Bangkok to Hanoi, using Qatar Airways.  

What a strange experience; to fly into Hanoi of all places. 

Once through Immigrations and Customs the Vietnamese owner of  "Origin Vietnam"  - a good fellow if ever there was one - met me and drove me to my pleasant Hanoi Hotel.



Then followed two fabulous and memorable weeks in many parts of Vietnam: Hanoi, Dan Nang and  Saigon (now Ho Chi Min City).

It was a terrifically good trip.  COVID aside I would return to Vietnam in a heart beat.

My good niece  Cheryl Povey has been to Vietnam twice.  She and I are both fans of that Country!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"