Hints of Autumn in Sarasota FL

Last Sunday my friend Barbara F.-C. noted a hint of autumnal air in semi-tropical Sarasota, FL.

I agree with Barbara,  inasmuch as early morning temps. of  68f count as delightfully cool in this neck of the woods.

My first walk of today with the famous Mr. Z was at 5:00 a.m.  We took advantage of the coolish air.

By 6:25 we were "down by the Bay" at Sarasota's Bayfront Park for a stroll in bone-chilling  (tee-hee) temps.

Then it was off to Arlington Park, a natural oasis in the heart of the City.  A.P. has a nice half mile circular walkway which encompasses  unspoiled shrubs, ferns, grasses and trees -  a splendid home for insects, worms, nesting birds, beautiful cardinals, squirrels,  unafraid rabbits; wetlands, and a natural lake.  

Z. and I love it there.

Hear are some early morning (6:50 a.m.) photo's from today.


The Lake and Fountain - one of my favourite spots.


Lake and Fountain 2



A late blooming flower - on a thin stalk; starts on the right and then moves left.  Such a tiny and tender blossom.


The sweet wee flowers again. (The trash can on a neighbouring street seems very close because I am zooming on my iPhone Camera).



Such pretty "end of summer" berries.  Never eaten by the birds and animals of Arlington Park:  therefore not safe for human consumption.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"