My Mum's Sweet Treat

They are just like Mum made (or not quite?).  

They are the tarts  she made (using leftover pastry?) filled with jam and desiccated coconut.

 
So delicious. 
 
Mum's were individually sized;   using what Americans would call "Muffin" trays.
 
I am by no means a "dab hand" at making pastry so I used a store bought frozen deep dish pastry crust.
 
I most likely used too much seedless Raspberry Jam, and not enough Desiccated Coconut,  so mine is uber sweet,  I will live and learn.
 
But mine are so good served with light cream!
 
Thanks Mum for the memory!



 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"