REQUIEM FOR A COLLEGE Part One: A lovely bit of Serendipity,

 











My Theological College  (Seminary) was founded in 1863  on Kilburn High Street, London as the London College of Divinity.   

In my day it  was  known as St. John's Theological College,  in Nottingham . There I trained for ordination from 1972 -1976

St. John's closed (for many good reasons) in 2019.  It has taken a while for the trustees St. John's to effect the financial and property issues. 

That being done they have announced a final service of Thanksgiving for the life and ministry of the College.  This will take place on November 10th, the day after I arrive in England.  Of course I will be there to join in the thanksgiving and to see friends and instructors from forty five years ago.

I am tickled pink at this serendipity. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"