BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

Task Accomplished -  two days later than usual.


My custom has been to delay opening  the Christmas Cards I received during December until  Christmas Eve.  I would open them after  late service at which I had Presided. 

It was a lovely way to come down to earth after the heavenly experience of Carols and Eucharist.

Once retired, I delayed the card opening until Christmas Day, an equally lovely custom. A way to think of those people who love and care for me and I for them.

Don't ask me why but I did not open my cards this (2021) Christmas Day.

Nor did I open them on Boxing Day as I had promised myself. The spirit was willing, but the flesh was lazy!

Now it is December 27th and it is still Christmas. The cards got opened today.  I savoured each and every one with joy!

Maybe later is better.



The paper knife was a gift from my brother Martyn and my sister-in-law Wendy; maybe at my 65th birthday. I reserve its use for Christmas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"