Bragging Time. My Hidden and Amazing Skills.

 I, being shy and retiring, have been loathe to publicise my heretofore unknown skills.

I'll tell you about them, but let this be our secret.

I can do two things at the same time, and have often so done.






I can conduct Beethoven's Ninth Symphony and knit a Sweater at the same time. If you do not believe me please check



Sadly my skill set was inadequate when I ordered a Bread Box from Wayfair. It came with those words of doom and gloom  "some assembly required".

Some assembly? You must be joking.  It came with seven main pieces, four hinges, two door knobs, and five hundred tiny Phillip's screws.

You already know the score.  The assembly instructions had no words.  They were drawn in untranslatable hieroglyphics.

"If at first you don't succeed, call a neighbour".

That's what I did.  Mr. Cheney Green lives just across the street.  He's a splendid fellow with many skills.  He agreed to take on my Bread Box assembly.  He did so with care - making sure that the joints were glued as well as screwed together. 

I'd promised him a 12  pack of Youngling Beer for his work. That would have been small change.

So I bought a gift token for our local Siam Golf restaurant for Cheney and his wife Deng (who hails from Cambodia).  It's a place which they like greatly.





Bamboo Bread Box fully assembled by Cheney.  

I think that it's a better home for bread than the fridge.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"