YOU ARE FIRED!

JMP - this genetically and behaviorally endowed people pleaser broke free today.




My PCP referred me to a particular Orthopedist with regard to my continuing Sacroiliitis.  (OUCH)

I saw him last Wednesday.  I was not impressed.  He slouched into the consulting room (at a private office)  wearing surgical scrubs. He did not introduce himself.  

He asked me why I was in his office.  I told him.  He tapped away at his computer.  Then he asked me again why I was in his office.

I told him about my treatment last year (with a practice which is not in my Insurance network). He made a critical remark about that practice, even after seeing a disc of the X-rays which they had taken.

Then he ordered new X-rays and an MRI.  That's probably necessary.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I was  extremely uncomfortable with his "bedside manner".

So this people pleaser decided to please himself.  

I cancelled the MRI/X-Ray appointment.

I called my PCP and asked (via Voice Mail) for a referral to some other Orthopedist; stating that  was uncomfortable with Doctor Scrubs.

I  had  prompt response from my PCP's Nurse.  She said that my request was entirely reasonable.  We are on the cusp of a weekend so the Nurse said "we  know that the new referral may not come to you until Monday, but we did not want you to fret in the meantime"

Way to go!

So O.K.  I'll have to endure the pain of Sacroiliitis for a wee bit longer.  

My "Hobson's Choice" has been  between an Orthopedist who did not command my respect; and some continued pain.

The Score is this  in Soccer terms.

Unsatisfactory Orthopedist 0 v  Delayed pain relief  5.

The referee is ALEVE!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"