PLEASURE POSTPONED from Sep to March.

My plan was to fly to the U.K. in September 2020 to be with my family; and especially to be present at a big party to celebrate the civil marriage of my nephew Dan and his fiance Christine at which I would offer prayer for the blessing of their union.

COVID 19 intervened.  The Hotel venue (in the Bristol U.K. area) for their party could not guaranty that they would be back in business in September.

So Dan and Christine will proceed with the civil ceremony, but postpone the big party until March 2021.

I had flight reservations for Sep 2020 with Delta.


I called them last week to change my flight reservation from Sep 2020 until March 2021.

My first call was not helpful.   The auto reply system told me that the "wait time" was four hours!; but if I called in the wee hours it might be shorter.

So I called again the next morning at 3:30 a,m.  The announced wait time was 53 minutes, but it was 100 minutes before an agent responded ( thank goodness for speaker phone -  I was to drink coffee  and check e-mails as I waited for an agent).

Once through to Delta,  the agent could not have been more helpful.  She changed my reservations without question, and with no charge.    That's DELTA for you  -  excellent customer service as ever.


I am a wee bit sad.   A trip home,  (the U.K. will always be home even though I am an American Citizen), in September 2020  felt that it was within grasp;  that trip in March 2021 feels like a long long away.

But no whining from me. But for the luck of birth I could be a refugee in a miserable camp in Bangladesh, Syria, Turkey or Greece (etc)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"