Comestible 13th August 2020


 Back at the end of February I had a consultation with a Bariatric Doctor and her Dietician,  not about weight loss or dieting; but about sensible eating - low in carbs and starches - but high in protein, alongside  fresh fruits and veggies.

Sensible eating:  I am not dieting.  I am eating wisely.

It's been well worth while.  I feel so very well, with renewed energy.  

A side benefit has been the loss of more than 20 lbs in weight.

Here is my lunch for today  (and the next three days - I have no problem with eating the same lunch dish three or four days in a row).



In a baking dish:

Cod fillets, covered with chopped yellow and red peppers, and mushrooms.

On top of which there is steamed and mashed cauliflower, plus a wee bit of grated cheese.

Baked for 35 mins at 360 f.  NOT BAD!

I am slightly obsessed  with mashed cauliflower, as a low starch  alternative to mashed spuds. My cousin J despises cauliflower, so she thinks that I am a wee bit loopy.  (She is  correct!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"