Travel by Taste

 We can't hop on a plane to travel the world; but we can travel by taste:

To Andalusia



There the speciality is what was once a poor peoples' food - Gazpacho.

'Tis wonderful.  I sometimes make it from scratch.  Or I buy it at the famous Tampa based restaurant "The Columbia", which claims to have an "original" recipe.

Sublime!


Sarasota residents can get it at the St. Armands Circle branch of the Columbia  (call in your order and pick it up).  


If you are nowhere near to Tampa, FL you will be able to find recipes for Columbia style Gazpacho on line.  


--------------------------------------------------------


It was between 2000 and 2006 that I learned to love Goat Curry,  I was the Rector at  St. James's, Cambridge, MA  where we had a goodly number of Jamaican and Bajan (Barbadan) parishioners who could be relied upon to make it for our parish pot-luck suppers.


 So darned good!

----------------------------------


In 2009  I was in England for my 65th birthday,  Via the agency of my brother Martyn, my nephew Nicholas , and my great nephew James I was able to rent a hall, and have a catered meal.

I asked that the caterer would make GOAT CURRY, which he was more than delighted to do, ( and vegetarian Lasange for some of my family members).

BUT I SPECIFIED that none of the guests be told that they were eating Goat meat, lest they should give in to the eew factor before they had tasted a teaspoon full.


In the event I shouldn't have worried.  The Goat Curry was a great success.  My family members and friends "loved" it.


GOAT CURRY!  



with Collard greens. (Made in SRQ)


The  source for this in Sarasota at a Jamaican/American Soul Food restaurant on Martin Luther King, Jr.  Drive immediately east of  route 301 N.


Oh Lucky Man!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"