Not the best of days/not the worst of days: (Old coots don't care for change. Farewell to my local Supermarket).

NOT THE BEST OF DAYS


My local and small Supermarket will be closed for good by 7:00 p.m. today (11/11/2020).

I've shopped at it since 2006. Even though the chain has a virtual monopoly in Florida ( BAH to monopolies of all sorts) it's been a convenient place to shop with its ten small aisles.  Small is beautiful. 







  

Clearing out

The replacement PUBLIX store will open at 7:00 a.m. on 12th November 2020, less than a 1/4 mile south of the closing store.  It will be bigger and bolder.  Is that good? Not for this old coot!

NOT THE WORST OF DAYS.

Hurricane/Tropical Storm ETA is moving up the w(b)est coast of Florida. We've had gusty (but not violent) winds, and very heavy rains.

I've not been too troubled or worried (except when we were placed under a tornado watch  at 5:00 p,m.) 

My chief concern has been to get the ever wonderful Zion outside to "do his business" in the midst of the storm. The score to date is Piddle 4 -  Poop 1.  I know that you've been worried about this

Now we can sleep!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"