I "wooden" usually mention this.

 Many of us have a kitchen "catch all"  drawer housing implements which we use from time to time, but not every day.


Here is mine.



Spatulas, cheese graters, spud or parsnip masher, electric whisk, pizza slicer (which I always forget ' cause I rarely eat pizza), serrated large spoon,  ladles etc.

And in this drawer was a wooden spoon, perhaps the least hi-tech and everyday used utensil.  I make a lot of soups.



Tired of rooting around in my "catch-all" drawer I moved my beloved wooden spoon into another drawer from which I could find it more easily.

"Find it more easily" you ask?

That's the theory.

But yesterday of course  I went back to the catch-all drawer to find and use the wooden spoon.  It was not to be found.

I was convinced that my much used wooden spoon had done a bunk. 

Reasonable thought told me that kitchen tools do not de-materialize.  

My mind re-engaged.  "You idiot", I said. "You put it in another drawer so that you could find it more easily".

An adventure every day!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"