Irish Style Bangers, with Colcannon

 Hurry to, and Hurrah for Trader Joe's.  


In the weeks before St. Patrick's Day, and then, and only then,  they offer Irish Style Bangers.



Oh for goodness sake, they are g---o--o--d!

I bought a stash the other day.  I talked with the clerk/cashier and told her that I like Bangers and Mash.  She agreed with me and added, "Colcannon is good too".  I'd never heard of it; so I  looked it up. It is said to be an Irish and Scottish traditional dish.

I'll make Colcannon not on, but before St. Patrick's Day, to enjoy with my bangers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some notes for the scrupulous. 

1.  Truth in labelling.  T.J's calls the sausage "Irish Style"; indicating that they are made elsewhere than in Ireland.  How I wish that Trader Joe's would indicate the country of origin of all their foods.

2.  Here I get to be persnickety.  Calling the sausages "Irish style" is all well and good for advertising purposes; but in truth there is no such food as an "Irish Banger".  What T. J's sells is a wonderful pork sausage which is a widely available year round food in the in the Republic of Ireland, and in the United Kingdom

Hissy fit over I look forward to eating T.J.'s Irish style bangers; Oh for goodness sake, they are g---o--o--d! , alongside the Irish/Scots treat of Colcannon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"