Don't Ask Me Why.

 I had a good breakfast this morning. Smoked trout, smeared with avocado.

Lunch was good too.  Roasted Lamb, roasted Potatoes,  and roasted stuffed mushrooms.

Mid afternoon I had a taste memory, and longing for a simple evening meal.

Zion and I had a short afternoon walk in the shady areas of Arlington Park, from where we went to a Publix Supermarket on the Tamiami Trail -  the one which has a covered and cooler parking area -  cool enough to leave Z in the car (with opened windows) for a wee shopping trip.

There I bought the two items I thought I would enjoy for supper.


Mandarin Oranges,  chilled in the fridge with Evaporated Milk.

Back at home my taste bud memories deserted me.  What I'd thought would be tasty was no longer appealing.  I'll save these canned foods for the lurking apocalypse. 

The memory was deeper.  Back to the days when Mum's food budget was under severe pressure.  Canned fruit with evaporated milk was a fairly rare "treat".

God bless my dear Mum who fed her nine children as best she could.  Her best was very good! 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"