Pain and Gratitude

My Sacroiliitis pain is still intense, ameliorated a bit by the two Tylenol tablets (three times a day, taken with food) which the Physician on call recommended.

She also advised me to severely limit my walking.

My first expression of gratitude kicks in!  My friends John C and Rick R are taking Zion on his longer morning and afternoon poop walks. He has caught on to the fact that John C and Rick R are taking him out for a poop walk

(During the day I can stagger across the street from time  so that Z can lift his leg). He seems to understand that this will be a very brief walk.

Second gratitude. Another friend, John V. took my shopping list and debit card to the local Publix Supermarket and filled a shopping bag with  comestibles and other essentials to tide me through the next few days (important as a tropical storm may be heading our way).

Third gratitude. I inherited this top class walker about eight years ago when my neighbour Edith died.   What a gift for such a time as this.

On four wheels, with brakes.  Easily maneuvered.  And a seat for weary walkers; which doubles as a platform on which I can place my meals as I transport them to my dining table. 

I use the walker for  walks around the house.  What a boon.

Gratitude four.  It was maybe six or eight months ago that I bought a recliner.  I slept very well on it last night.  No painful tossing and turning.

Gratitude number five.  I am learning to ask for, and accept help. Tough for the male of the species!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My stupidity. 

I have often advised seniors to remove hazardous small mats from their homes.  I did not listen to my own advice.



This one is near my front door.  It seizes the detritus from Z's  paws after his walks.

I had forgotten the hazards.  I slipped on it last night (4th July) and fell to the floor. No harm done, but my performance in rising to my feet was worthy of a circus contortionists' act! 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The pain?  Worst that I have endured in my mostly pain free seventy seven years. This too shall pass.

Tomorrow just as her Office opens in the morrow ( July 6th) I will call my wonderful P.C.P. and ask her for an early appointment, and/or a reference to an Orthopedist in my Insurance network who will provide a steroid/ cortisone  injection at short notice.

That will be a temporary relief/cure.  

More importantly  there will have be an ongoing program of physical therapy.


Thanks for your care and concern.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"