TROPICANA APPLE JUICE. Carbon imprint anyone?

 




Earlier this week I was at my Dermatological Surgeon's Office for out-patient  MOHS surgery (now almost routine for me).


After the first cut I retired to a nice little waiting room, where beverages and snacks are at hand.

I rarely drink apple juice but in this case I chose and enjoyed a 10oz bottle of  the Tropicana brand.  ( Tropicana's main processing and bottling plant is in Bradenton, FL., not very far from my home).

In an idle moment I read the label.  

"Apple Juice" had conjured up images of family owned apple orchards in New England, New York (State) and Washington (State).

But this is what I read:

Contains juice from Brazil, Chile, China, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Turkey, Ukraine and U.S.

Those juices do not get to Bradenton by magic. They are shipped across the oceans  to Port Manatee.

Carbon imprint, global warming, climate change anyone?

Is it worth it for year round Apple Juice?

( I am not picking on Tropicana.  I am sure that many other Juice Companies have similar sources )







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"