Comestible Christmas Gifts

 When I was a teenager I grew used to the idea that the Christmas gifts from my parents would be utilitarian:  

Y-Front underwear, socks, handkerchiefs, and maybe some Old Spice after-shave Cologne and underarm deodorant.

My parents were killing two birds with one stone;  and that was fine in my book.

Mum did her utmost to ensure that her nine children received gifts.  Good for her.  Who cared that our gifts were practical.

Now that I am in my later seventies I do not expect my Christmas stocking to be stuffed with BVD's!

Most welcome are comestibles  -  oh blessed comestibles! in  2021 


Superb Biscotti from my friend Laurie. Who could ask for anything more?

More there has been



A Harry and David gift wrapped so beautifully.

Inside?


The most sweet Pears you could ever hope to eat.

 Nuts and Popcorn.


Chocolates  and Chocolate Cherries.

But who to thank?

Biscotti from my BLM friend Laurie. No doubt about it.



The Harry and David fruits, nuts etc.

Which of my friends sent them? There was not so much as a card to tell me.

If you were the sender please let me know.

  
If more than one friends claims (ir) responsibility I will know that one of the responders is a fibber!  LOL




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"