DO NOT MOCK BRITSH FOODS! Many are excellent. WHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD COULD YOU EAT STEAK AND KIDNEY PIE? YUM TO THE MAX!




 I am lucky enough to live a bare half-mile away from this store. It is run by a gracious Scotswoman.  She has a gentle Edinburgh accent.


I was there today for just one item.  But then my gustatory lust took over.


How could I resist this



And this


and this?


If you've never eaten a  Jammie Dodger do not worry.  But your children, grand-children, and your greats will swoon over them. I have no idea why these biscuits are called Jammie Dodgers, Dr. Wikipedia will tell you.

My shopping over I went home, to discover that I had neglected to buy my the one item I needed!

The store was "sort of" on my way home from my afternoon walk in the Park with Mr. Z. so I  stopped by again.  The owner of the store was surprised to see me again, and tickled pink when I told her about my memory lapse earlier in the day.

The item I forgot



Sage and Onion dressing/stuffing mix. Perfect as a dressing for the pork loin which I will cook later this week.

Shopping locally can be a breeze!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"