Sit down my child . Relax. Let me tell you of the OLDEN DAYS

 

My National Registration Identity Card.




Front and back pages


Mum's signature as a parent and guardian, 1944.   Her handwriting never changed through all the years.




Inner page


Born on 26th May 1944

Name and Place of Birth registered  31st May 1944

New address registered  28th December 1945

The top part of the card may have been filled in by a Civil Servant, or it could be in my father's handwriting,

The new address is certainly in Mum's handwriting.

My Card expired on May 26th 1960, but the Act of Parliament under which such cards had been made mandatory was repealed in 1952


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"