A Monday Adventure too.

 Off to St. Petersburg, FL with my friend Ashley, to visit our friends Ron and Char Thompson.

The Thompsons formerly lived in Gulf Gate SRQ.  They have moved to St Pete to be near their daughter,.


Ron, Ashley and Char.

Ron, jmp and Char

'Twas so good to see them and their old Florida style home in the Kenwood District of St. Pete.

ive

1926 era home, modernized but not destroyed.  A few blocks away from St. Pete's  wonderful Central Ave.

Ashley and I were also in St. Pete to shop at the famous Mazzaro's Italian Market - a five minute drive from Ron and Char's home.



Oh my.  Mazzaro's is a place where one cannot allow the carnival of sights and smells to overwhelm one's budgetary prudence.  It's a tough battle.

I settled for:


The Open Cheese is French/Swiss Raclette. The Sausage is hot Italian. The Crostini is Italian.

 
Porchetta (Pork), and Prosciutto.  

When the young man in the "cold cuts" section asked me which grade of Prosciutto I wanted I replied "the best".

Of course my judgement was not skewed because this thirty something man was as handsome as they come!   

I got my sticker shock at the check out.  "The Best" was $25 per pound.  I will savour each bite.


Of course I could not resist the Irish Bangers from an Italian Market; nor the French Roule, which I will spread on the  Crostini.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"