My Sunday Adventure (Not Some Enchanted Evening)

 I got out of my own way on Sunday afternoon (20th Feb 2022). Off I went to Sarasota's Church of the Palms (Presbyterian)  for a late afternoon concert presented by the stellar Choral Artists of Sarasota.



I had two personal reasons to be there.

First because Choral Artists Executive Director is Susan Burke.  She  and I meet often as we take our early  morning walks at Bayfront Park. I wanted to honour her.



Second because Sarasota's famous and well loved Opera Star Adelaide Boedecker was one of  the featured guest singers.



I knew Adelaide's grandparents Reid and Adelaide Farrell very well from our life together at St. Boniface Episcopal Church in Sarasota. They have passed from this life.  One of Adelaide Boedecker's uncles, Wayne Farrell,  is the current Rector at St. B's.

The Concert was an utter treat. I was on the edge of my seat as we listened to Alexander Borodin's Polovtsian Dances.  Many will know the melody as "Some Enchanted Evening" It was stolen from Borodin!

I've heard the Borodin many times on the radio. Sunday's Concert was my first time to hear it in performance.

Here is a video of this splndid music -  (it's not from Sunday's Concert)


https://youtu.be/F0UTI-z0bHU




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"