FADS IN FOOD - What Goes Around Comes around!

It was created in the U.S,A in the 1930's, maybe earlier.

It became popular in the 1950's, and was popular even as late as the 1970's when I moved to the U.S.  .

"Old Faithful, Ever Reliable, Easy to Prepare".   

Some families could count on eating it at least once a week.  Some children attained majority and vowed that they would never again eat it!

Then it went out of fashion, for good or for ill.

I resurrected the dish for this weekend's offering.

Keep this to yourself.  Its our secret! This is what I made.




Yes Siree.  I am not ashamed to tell  you.  It's Tuna Casserole!


Pretty darn good Tuna Casserole according to my friends J and D and their daughter A.


Truth in advertising.  I took elements from two recipes.


https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16823/hearty-tuna-casserole/


https://www.spendwithpennies.com/easy-tuna-casserole/


I am sure that we could make this dish with more sustainable fish, if any is left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"