A Visit to the SHRINE

 He often sits or stands at the side end of my local 7/11.

Many cars pass that way to get onto 12th Street.  He waves and smiles at every car, never asking for anything.

I drove past him last Friday.  The I stopped, thought, and backed up to where he stood.

I handed him $4 from the $14 I had in my billfold. And then there was a moment of sheer bliss, as we looked at each other, we both smiled, and we both laughed out loud for the utter and sheer joy of our brief encounter.

When I arrived home I thought "but what about the ten bucks still in your wallet?"  I drove back, got out my car, smiled again, then handed him the $10.  I was at a Holy Place.

With his permission I photographed the shrine.






I did not photograph him, for how can you photo' the fruits of the Spirit.

As I walked back to my car. As I did,  he wished/prayed for the peace of the Cosmos to be with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"