PHEW and Phew again.

 I've been the Christmas Day guest of my friends Fred and Diana for the buffet lunch at their Club on Longboat Key, FL lo these many years.

The food was always terrific, an occasion for me to gorge on Oysters.


There was no banquet in December 2020 because of Covid.  And I was not able to accept their invitation in December 2019.

So I was charmed and delighted to accept their invitation for 2021,  until I began to worry about the Omicron strain.   I foresaw a level of risk in the long buffet lines amongst those who chose not to wear masks.

I voiced my concerns to Diana and Fred.  They shared them -  gosh and begorrah.


PHEW  they had already decided to change the venue to the Lanai at  their LBK home.  Hurrah.

There will be just four of us  (plus two dogs).

Fred and Diana offered me a choice for the entrée. This will shock you!  I opted for




I opted for Rack of Lamb!

What a shocker!  Lamb twice in one week.

And why not!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"