The Anniversaries We Forget (and are shocked that our memory failed us!)

 Oh dear, I forgot that 17th December 2021 was the 45th anniversary of my ordination as a Priest at the now (sadly closed) Church of the Good Shepherd in Fitchburg, MA

If it had been my wedding anniversary my forgetfulness would have been unforgiveable.

But my ministry has changed. Forgetting is fine! \No more preaching.  No more presiding at a Celebration of the Holy Communion.  No more weddings (thank goodness!) No more baptisms of precious wee children  -  I miss that so much.

These days my ministry is in partnership with my dog. You'll know all about that if you are a regular reader of this blog.

My memory failed me.  That's O.K.  but I confess that my heart was warmed because  my Bishop, the Rt. Revd. Alan Gates did not forget!




The Chapel of St. John the Evangelist at the (Episcopal) Cathedral of St. Paul, Boston MA









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"